The Ultimate Choice of What I Wanted to Do for the Next Thirty Years of My Life

 

Let me tell you a little about myself and how I chose to become a psychologist. First and foremost, let me ask you who doesn’t love gossip? I certainly do! I have always loved to listen to people’s business and help them sort things out. But I have never been the type of person to go all up in people’s business and spread false rumors. I think that my love for gossiping and my fascination with the different functions of the human brain encouraged me towards wanting to be a psychologist. 

Also, I think that I have always wanted to have a profession in which I can help others. I used to want to be a pharmacist but as the years passed, I found myself a passion for the human brain. Unfortunately, being a pharmacist would not have allowed me to work with the human brain each day, so I decided that being a psychologist would be a good fit for me. On top of that, my boyfriend’s mother is a psychologist and she said I had all the qualities required to be one. 

Actually, those facts are only a part of the story because choosing my future profession was way more complicated than that. Yes, I have always loved gossip and understanding the brain. And yes, boyfriend’s mother told me I would make a good psychologist, but the truth is my choice to go in psychology was way harder than that. Actually, I was in a program where I did not feel like myself and I wanted to make a change. I started looking at different programs and psychology caught my attention. I thought psychology was a great fit for me considering all the other facts I just enumerated so I decided to take a leap and go with it. As of right now I would say it was one of my greatest decisions because I find it way more interesting, and I really see myself being a psychologist. I guess we will see in ten years if I made it!


- Your favorite blogger, Béatrice

Commentaires

  1. Wow that sounds like a very interesting profession, I am thrilled to learn more about it!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Continue to follow my blog to learn more about being a psychologist!

      Supprimer
  2. Your story on how you discovered you wanted to be a psychologist is so interesting ! I agree that the human brain is so interesting ! It is fun to hear about someone who wants to get in the same programme as me !

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What an excellent blog post, Béatrice! I love your story on how you came about to discover that you wanted to become a psychologist. Life is far from being that straight linear path we set in our head.

    I really see you exercising this profession! I'm eager to read your other blog posts. ;)

    Here are a few elements to improve:
    - Break your text down into paragraphs
    - Verb tense - pushed
    - Word choice (do) - to do a profession
    - A few commas missing (i.e.: Unfortunately, being a pharmacist would not have allowed me to work with the human brain each day so I decided that being a psychologist would be a good fit for me.)
    - Try to avoid using ... unless you are purposely omitting part of a quote.
    - Word order/ word form - my profession choice
    - word choice (said) - all the other facts I just said (you might want to use something like 'enumerated'

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hey Béatrice! This was a fascinating story of how you chose the field of psychology. Furthermore, I do think that liking gossip and people will make you a talented psychologist. Continue putting in your efforts I believe in you!

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Fascinating TED Talks You Might Be Interested in

Vocabulary to Make Your Reading Easier or New Words I Learned During the Semester