The Ultimate Choice of What I Wanted to Do for the Next Thirty Years of My Life

 

Let me tell you a little about myself and how I chose to become a psychologist. First and foremost, let me ask you who doesn’t love gossip? I certainly do! I have always loved to listen to people’s business and help them sort things out. But I have never been the type of person to go all up in people’s business and spread false rumors. I think that my love for gossiping and my fascination with the different functions of the human brain encouraged me towards wanting to be a psychologist. 

Also, I think that I have always wanted to have a profession in which I can help others. I used to want to be a pharmacist but as the years passed, I found myself a passion for the human brain. Unfortunately, being a pharmacist would not have allowed me to work with the human brain each day, so I decided that being a psychologist would be a good fit for me. On top of that, my boyfriend’s mother is a psychologist and she said I had all the qualities required to be one. 

Actually, those facts are only a part of the story because choosing my future profession was way more complicated than that. Yes, I have always loved gossip and understanding the brain. And yes, boyfriend’s mother told me I would make a good psychologist, but the truth is my choice to go in psychology was way harder than that. Actually, I was in a program where I did not feel like myself and I wanted to make a change. I started looking at different programs and psychology caught my attention. I thought psychology was a great fit for me considering all the other facts I just enumerated so I decided to take a leap and go with it. As of right now I would say it was one of my greatest decisions because I find it way more interesting, and I really see myself being a psychologist. I guess we will see in ten years if I made it!


- Your favorite blogger, Béatrice

Commentaires

  1. Wow that sounds like a very interesting profession, I am thrilled to learn more about it!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Continue to follow my blog to learn more about being a psychologist!

      Supprimer
  2. Your story on how you discovered you wanted to be a psychologist is so interesting ! I agree that the human brain is so interesting ! It is fun to hear about someone who wants to get in the same programme as me !

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What an excellent blog post, Béatrice! I love your story on how you came about to discover that you wanted to become a psychologist. Life is far from being that straight linear path we set in our head.

    I really see you exercising this profession! I'm eager to read your other blog posts. ;)

    Here are a few elements to improve:
    - Break your text down into paragraphs
    - Verb tense - pushed
    - Word choice (do) - to do a profession
    - A few commas missing (i.e.: Unfortunately, being a pharmacist would not have allowed me to work with the human brain each day so I decided that being a psychologist would be a good fit for me.)
    - Try to avoid using ... unless you are purposely omitting part of a quote.
    - Word order/ word form - my profession choice
    - word choice (said) - all the other facts I just said (you might want to use something like 'enumerated'

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hey Béatrice! This was a fascinating story of how you chose the field of psychology. Furthermore, I do think that liking gossip and people will make you a talented psychologist. Continue putting in your efforts I believe in you!

    RépondreSupprimer

Enregistrer un commentaire

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Interesting Articles You May Want to Read

Interesting Sources Used in My Oral Presentation